One Day conference on Autism for the Primary Care Provider
Caring for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in our Practice: Practical Strategies
October 10, 2015
Wright Auditorium, Seattle Children's Hospital
8 AM to 4:30 PM - registration opens 0730
7.75 CME Credits
On October 10, 2015, national and local experts on ASDs will present practical strategies for optimizing primary care and addressing a number of issues for children with ASDs experienced every day in primary health care settings.
Topics to be covered include:
- tips for a successful office visit
- a spectrum of medical issues, such as GI, sleep, medications
- sorting out medical causes of challenging behaviors
- behavioral strategies for eating, toileting and other daily dilemmas
- what is applied behavioral analysis (ABA) and other evidence-based therapies,
- how to handle authorizations and appeals
- mental health and crisis interventions.
for more information, click here