Washington State Department of Early Learning Research Study needs volunteers!
A notice from the Department of Early Learning:
At the Department of Early Learning (DEL), we believe parents are their children's first and most important teachers. The DEL Parent Advisory Group (PAG) is a sounding board for decisions, ideas and questions that shape the future of DEL. Parental involvement in decision-making is the key to having policies and programs that support families' strengths and needs.
We are seeking up to fifteen parents and family caregivers of children, from birth through nine years old, to participate as members of the Parent Advisory Group. The PAG will meet by phone and in person. Our first conference call will be held on August 12, 2015 and first in-person meeting will be held October 7, 2015. The location is to be determined. PAG members will represent the unique experiences and perspectives of their families, including but not limited to:
- Rural, remote, urban and military communities
- Access a variety of early learning services for their children or not currently connected to services
- Have diverse family structures (for example, headed by both or single parents, grandparents, kinship care, foster parents, or are blended families)
- Experience with immigration and being new to a community
- Impacted by incarceration
- Cultural, linguistic and ethnic diversity
- Have children with varying developmental and special needs
If you have questions or would like to learn more, please e-mail: PAG@DEL.WA.GOV