AAP offers affiliate membership to NP's!
This announcement has 1 attachment:
AAP is now offering membership to Nurse Practitioners! They have offered affiliate membership to PA's in the past, but now they are including NP's. If you are a member of NAPNAP, the cost is $135/year as opposed to $150/year. You are also able to join the Washington State AAP Chapter at no cost and can belong to one of the AAP Sections such as Emergency Medicine (for a fee).
Things you will need before filling out the form on-line: (it's quite involved, but don't let that sway you!)
- The dates of your schooling
- A copy of your certification (I uploaded a copy of my wallet card)
- The date for when you were certified
- Your certification number
- Your ARNP License number
- The name of a Physician Sponsor (they call it "supervising" Physician..irked me, but it is what it is)
- The email of the Physician Sponsor
- A credit card. :)
Benefits of joining include:
- Earn NAPNAP Credit or PI-CME through EQIPP Quality Improvement Courses
- Stay current with the latest in pediatrics and infectious diseases with Red Book® Online, Pediatrics online, AAP News (print and online), eBreaking News and AAP News OnCall
- Advocate for children and make a difference through the Federal Advocacy Action Network (FAAN)
- Serve on national committees that advise on initiatives relevant to your area of expertise
- Access members-only content throughout aap.org
- Collaborate with others who share similar interests and specialties through membership opportunities in the other Sections and Councils (per section/council bylaws)
- Save money with member discounts on AAP products, services, and meetings
- Save money though Member discount programs in insurance, credit cards, car rentals, office supplies, website development, pediatric purchasing programs and more
- Access more than 62,000 pediatric colleagues through the Membership Directory
- Conveniently book travel through AAP Travel Services or online through Concur
Join today and increase our power in numbers!