Scholarship Available to DNP students! Short notice, but worth it!
The Puget Sound Nurse Practitioner Association (PSNPA) will be awarding a $1000 scholarship to a Washington state nurse currently enrolled or accepted into the 2014 Winter Quarter of a Master of Nursing program for nurse practitioner preparation or a DNP program in Washington State or enrolled in an online program for either of the aforementioned degrees.
PSNPA is a non-profit professional organization sup-porting nurse practitioners in Puget Sound. The work of the association is to provide venues for networking with peers, to offer forums for continuing education, and to promote the roles and opportunities for nurse practitioners and students in this field.
In keeping with this work, members of PSNPA are offering scholarship money to nurses enrolled in nurse practitioner degree programs. The first scholarship targeted students of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs in an effort to support that educational pathway. This year, PSNPA members would like to expand that opportunity to support a nurse who is enrolled in or accepted in, a master, post master, or doctoral level program, in pursuit of an advance practice degree as a nurse practitioner.
Students interested in applying for a one-time scholarship of $1,000 should apply by completing the scholarship application requirements:
- US Citizen or Legal Alien
- WA State resident
- Currently enrolled or accepted into the 2014 Winter Quarter of a Master of Nursing program for nurse practitioner preparation or a DNP program in Washington State or enrolled in an online program for either of the aforementioned degrees
Each interested student is requested to submit a one to two page statement describing the following:
- Why are you pursuing a career as a nurse practitioner?
- Do you have a specific clinical area of interest that you are exploring while in your program? If so, tell us about it and why you chose it.
- What have you done in your career thus far that might set you apart from other candidates pursuing this scholarship?
- How will this degree help you to make a contribution in health care?
- Describe your vision of your practice in 5 years.
In addition, the following will be required for submission:
- Proof of enrollment in or acceptance into a Master of Nursing for Nurse Practitioners or DNP Program.
- Resume/CV including full name, address, e-mail, phone number
- A letter of recommendation from a colleague or faculty member telling us about you and why you should be chosen for a scholarship from other Nurse Practitioners in PSNPA.
In an effort of being green and reducing paper waste, we are trying to conduct this process entirely via email. The deadline is October 31, 2013. All documents should be submitted to Happy Salinas-Santos, ARNP, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the applicant has not received acknowledgement of submission within three working days, please contact Happy Salinas-Santos via e-mail. Applicants may be requested to have an interview with the scholarship committee to further clarify their goals and/or background. The winner will be contacted via e-mail or phone, and will be invited to attend the PSNPA meeting on December 11, 2013 at 6pm to accept the award.
Membership and Attendance to PSNPA Meetings are required upon receipt of scholarship.